Renting a car can be a convenient and cost-effective way to get around, especially if you’re traveling to a new place or need a vehicle for a specific purpose. However, there are a few things you should know before renting a car to ensure that you have a smooth and stress-free experience. In this post, we will review the 5 things you need to watch out for before you rent a car so you can enjoy your holidays with peace of mind.
1. Don’t forget your Paperwork.
Before Renting a car with Meteora Rent a Car, make sure you have your Driving License, a Passport or an iD Card, and a valid Credit Card or Debit Card.
You will need to present a valid credit card or debit card as a guarantee, in order to cover incidental charges. Cash deposit is also accepted.
2. inspect the car before the rental.
Carefully inspect the car before taking it off the lot. Make note of any pre-existing damage and bring it to the attention of the employee that will service you
Note that while bringing the car back, it must be in the same condition as when you received it
- Take time-stamped photos and videos of both the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Focus on areas susceptible to damage.
- Get close-up photos of the doors and bumpers on the vehicle’s exterior.
3. Stay on Paved Roads
Rental cars are not made for Dakar racing or for 4×4 explorations. Any damage caused when the vehicle is operated on any unauthorized road, non-asphalt road, dirt road, or off-road, either intentionally or unintentionally can not be covered by any of the insurances.
All the roads that you will need to explore Meteora are paved and in good condition, so you will not need to worry about that.
Note that driving on unpaved roads voids any insurance coverage.
4. Refuel the car before dropping it off
Our rental policy involves a full-to-full agreement. This means you are given the car with a full tank and must fill the tank up before returning it.
If you choose to return the car without gas there will be a charge for the missing fuel as well as a 10,00€ fee. The best solution is to always return the car with the same amount of gas as when you received it and also bring the Gas station receipt with you.
5. Reserve tour vehicle in advance
Reserving a rental car well in advance can help ensure availability and can also save you money. Here’s why:
- Availability: The earlier you book, the more likely it is that the car you want will be available.
- Discounts: Our Car Rental Company offers discounts for early bookings. Booking well in advance allows you to take advantage of these discounts, which can save you a significant amount of money.
- Price stability: Booking early also means that you are more likely to lock in a lower rate. Car rental prices can fluctuate depending on demand, so booking early ensures that you are getting the best price available.
- Plan ahead: Having your rental car reserved well in advance allows you to plan your trip with more certainty, knowing you have transportation secured.
You can book your rental car directly from us and save 10% by using the coupon code meteora10.
In conclusion, renting a car can be a great way to get around, but it’s important to be prepared and informed before renting a car. By following these tips, you can ensure a smooth and stress-free rental experience.